Same but Different are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this policy or how Same but Different handles your information, please email us on email@example.com
1. Why is it being collected?
The legal basis for processing your personal data is consensual, to allow us to carry out the services agreed between you and Same but Different. In addition, we will also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in telling your stories, raising awareness, carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services.
2. How will it be used?
We use the information you share with us in the following ways:
• To respond to queries and requests
• To communicate with you
• To tell your stories
• To raise the profile of rare diseases and disability
• To report on our progress
3. What information is being collected?
We will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve our service. This includes: your name, address, email address, contact number, condition, date of birth and your children’s details. In the case of donations via the website we will also take your payment information.
4. Who is collecting it?
Same but Different CIC
5. How is it collected?
Personal data is collected in one or more of the following ways:
• When you register for newsletters
• Your use of our social media platforms
• When you make a credit or debit card donation
• When you contact us through the website
• When you communicate with us through email or on the phone
• When you enquire about services
• When you take part in one of our projects
• When you hold an exhibition
6. Who will it be shared with?
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
7. How long is it kept?
8. How your personal data is protected
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled.
We also ensure that our staff/volunteers are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
9. How can you change the way we contact you?
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you by:
• Contacting us via email or phone and stating that you would like to receive communications from us
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
• Contacting us via email or phone and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you
If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can do so at any time by:
• Contacting us our team stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications
• Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence (on all marketing and support communications)
• Emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Your rights
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also:
• Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes
• Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information
• Ask us to remove or delete personal information about you
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/